Sometimes I leave the chicken out of this and go nuts with extra mushrooms.
Sometimes I leave the chicken out of this and go nuts with extra mushrooms. This is adapted from natashaskitchen.com.
Serves 2 hungry people
300g chicken breast, cut into thin strips
150g pasta, gluten free
500g white or brown mushrooms, thickly sliced (nearly 1cm thick)
1 onion, finely chopped
4-6 cloves garlic, minced
100ml double cream
1 fistful parsley, finely chopped and stalks removed
1 tsp sea salt
Plenty of freshly ground black pepper, to taste
30ml olive oil
- Cook pasta in a pot of salted water, drain and set aside.
- Season the chicken strips with salt and pepper (separate to the salt and pepper in the list above). In a large heavy frying pan or skillet
- Heat 15ml olive oil and sauté chicken until lightly golden. Remove chicken from the pan and cover.
- Add 15ml olive oil and butter to the pan. Add onion and sauté gently until soft.
- Add sliced mushrooms and sauté gently until soft, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add milk and cream and simmer over medium heat until beginning to thicken.
- Add chicken back to the pan, add the parsley and season sauce to taste.
- Add cooked pasta and stir to combine. Heat until warmed through, remove from heat, cover and rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Photo credit: https://natashaskitchen.com