Simple biscuits for using shapes etc.
350g gluten-free flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
200g castor/superfine sugar
170 butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla essence/extract
- Whisk flour, salt and baking powder together.
- Beat sugar, butter and vanilla separately.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, into the sugar/butter mixture until smooth.
- Mix butter mixture into flour mixture and form into a ball.
- Cover and refrigerate for an hour (or more if your room temp is high).
- Preheat oven to 165c.
- Roll onto floured surface to approx 5-7mm thick and cut out using whichever shapes you like.
- Arrange on baking sheet. They won't expand very much, perhaps leave 1cm between them.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Even if they feel soft, they will still harden once they cool.
- Leave to cool on tray for 2 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.